Volunteering for the British Youth Council
02 Jun 2009
Are you interested in becoming a full time campaign volunteer with the British Youth Council?
Attention: This article has been imported from our old websiteWhile we've taken every precaution to ensure that the content of this article remains intact, it may contain errors.
Volunteering for the British Youth Council (BYC) will give you the opportunity to get a qualification, as well as learning more about campaigning as a way to encourage other young people to bring about change. BYC are looking for bright and lively 16–25 year olds to be enthusiastic advocates of their campaigns. You will be able to specialise in areas that interest you and take part in a personal development programme. This full time volunteering opportunity lasts for 44 weeks over 12 months.
Tasks will include:
* promoting the work of BYC through outreach to schools, youth groups and other events
* designing and delivering training to young people
* assisting with the production of our online newsletter
* carrying out desk based research relating to policy and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* a keen interest in current affairs and the policy-making process in the UK
* good verbal and written skills
* experience or knowledge of web based media and social networking sites
* experience of delivering training
* experience of working with groups of other young people
* the ability to work effectively as part of the Campaigns team.
There are 10 Campaign Volunteers team placements available which:
* are four days a week, with the day off to be negotiated;
* last 44 weeks over 12 months;
* are based at our London offices (London Bridge)
* pay for your travel and lunch.
We are looking for volunteers aged 16–25 to start on the 6th July 2009. Interviews will be held on the 15th and 16th June.
To download an application form and find out more information (including a role description) go to website www.byc.org.uk/media.php?parent_id=162&content_id=532
Please send completed forms by email to email@example.com, by 5pm on 9th June 2009.
If you have any further questions or would like an informal chat about these volunteering opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7785 6456.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider making a donation
Donating helps us keep reporting on positive news